Stress and anxiety have a huge impact on modern life. They not only affect people in their personal lives but more and more in their professional lives.
Stress not only puts pressure on the individual but can cost a company a lot of money in lost man hours.
Here as are some facts from the HSE for 2014/2015 :
- Total number of days lost due to stress related illness 9.9 million.
- Stress accounts for 35% of all work related ill health.
- 43% of days taken off are due to stress related ill health.
I believe it is important to educate everyone about stress and anxiety and offer packages to come into your work place to provide to training.
The training consists of :
- Understanding the intellectual and primitive mind.
- The stress response.
- Understanding the stress bucket.
- The importance of sleep.
- Ways to combat stress.
- The importance of focussing on the positives.